April 29, 2022
We will resume in-person Worship Services this Sunday, May 1, 2022.
Join us for Worship beginning at 10:30am. Masks must be worn inside the building and physical distancing maintained with those outside your household.
April 24, 2022
We will NOT be open for Worship Service on Sunday, April 24 due to a number of positive Covid cases in our church community. We hope to re-open on May 1st. Please check here for up to date information.
Easter Sunday - April 17, 2022
He is Risen! Join us for our in-person Worship Service with Communion beginning at 10:30am.
Fellowship to follow the Service in the Church Hall.
Due to a number of Covid cases we have to cancel this Service; we are extremely saddened to do this, but the health and safety of our congregation and our community remains our top concern.
Worship Update: April 5, 2022
Members of our Church Council had a discussion regarding our church safety protocols and it was decided that within the Church building physical distancing must be maintained (by those from different households) and masks must be worn.
Worship Update: February 16, 2022
In-person Worship Services will resume on Sunday, February 20, 2022.
The Service will begin at 10:30am, so please arrive a bit early to ensure that all safety protocols are followed.
- Enter ONLY through the main front door
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Hand sanitizers available for use
- Proof of double-vaccination must be provided (note: if you have already provided proof, it is not required again)
- Physical distancing of 6ft must be maintained for those not in the same household
Worship Update: January 2, 2022
Given the rapidly spreading Omicron variant, unfortunately we are back to on-line Worship Services.
Weekly Services begin at 10:30am.
Please visit our Facebook page or YouTube Channel for weekly Worship Services videos.
Worship Update: September 8, 2021
Our Church Council met on September 4, 2021 and has passed the following motion:
"All persons entering the church building must be double vaccinated (and provide proof), unless under 12 years old or have a
medical condition (with Doctors note)."
Within the church building physical distancing must be maintained (by those from different households) and masks must be worn.
Indoor Worship Services will resume on Sunday, September 12.
NOTE: Worship Services will BEGIN at 10:30am.
Worship Update: June 16, 2021
As you know, Ontario entered stage one of reopening on Friday. June 11. In regards to churches, here are the latest details:
For weddings, funerals and other religious services, rites or ceremonies:
- physical distancing must be maintained
- people must wear masks or face coverings when they are within 2 metres of another person who is not part of their household, with limited exceptions
- indoors: 15% capacity of the particular room (that means about 15 people for our sanctuary)
- outdoors: limited to permit physical distancing of 2 metres
- Receptions are not permitted indoors except with members of the same household (the people you live with) or with one other person from outside of the household that lives alone, or caregivers for any of those persons.
- Outdoor receptions permitted up to 10 people.
- Drive-in services, rites or ceremonies permitted, subject to certain conditions.
- Virtual services permitted.
What does this mean? It means that Worship Services at Jordan Station United Church will resume this Sunday, June 20 and you no longer need to register to attend!
Here are the upcoming dates and times:
Sunday June 20 - 10:00am Garden Worship (Sanctuary will be open for individual prayer - maximum 15 people from 9:00 to 11:30am)
Sunday June 27 - NO Service as Rev. Anita will be on holidays
Sunday July 4, 11, 18 & 25 - Service at 10:00am. Sanctuary open for prayer and reflection!
Reminder to bring your own lawn chair or blanket!
Rev. Anita's Return
With Rev. Anita's return from her Sabbatical on May 3, 2021, she has initiated out-door Worship Services Sunday mornings at 9:30am and 11:00am. Due to Provincial restrictions, the attendance is capped at 10 people (including the Minister) therefore weekly emails are being sent out to the Congregation inviting them to register for these services. Pre-recorded on-line Worship Services have stopped.
Please email: email@example.com if you would like to register for an upcoming service.
Jordan Station United Church is thrilled to offer another worship opportunity . . .
- 45 minutes session of devotions and yoga instruction beginning in June.
- 10 people maximum
- Wednesday June 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 at 6:30 p.m.
- Registration is mandatory. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Bring a yoga mat (if you have one - we have ones you can borrow if not) and a bottle of water
Don't miss out on this opportunity to enjoy God's creation, listen to worship music, experience inspirational devotions and watch your yoga practice grow as your faith deepens.
Rev. Anita's Sabbatical
Since August 2015, Rev. Anita has been engaging with and working with the staff, congregation and community of Jordan Station and Niagara Region in her capacity as Minister at our Church.
No-one can deny that GREAT things have happened here because of her leadership, courage, inspiration and eagerness to spread the Word and Love of God!
We are blessed to have her and hope that during the next few months (January - April 2021) of her much earned Sabbatical, she has time to rest, reflect, pray and conjure up more new and exciting ways for us to be the Church in the world!
We welcome Rev. Lorraine Davis!
A message from Rev. Lorraine: (January 2021)
"For the next 4 months I will be ministering with you. In the past 2 years we have worked together – in a service here, a service there. I am looking forward to serving you as your Minister and will endeavor to be creative with Zoom and phone calls and anything else that will keep us safe and help us to connect - we will work it out together.
For now, I am comforted that you have each other – that you are supporting and caring for each other, that you are a church family. I am blessed to be working with you and that we are held and guided by Christ to hold and guide each other, learning as we go on this faith journey.
It is a joy to be here worshipping with you!"
Journey with us . . .
We are continuing our Worship Services and Programming - just a little differently!
In September 2020, we began a year-long spiritual journey and quest
for aliveness utilizing Brian McLaren's book "We Make the Road by Walking".
This journey is a collaboration of Jordan Station United Church and
5 participating churches:
- Islington United Church, Toronto, ON
- St. Paul's United Church, Paris, ON
- Richwood United Church, Richwood, ON
- Knox United Church, Embro, ON
Click here to see our archived Worship Services and links to videos.
While our doors are still closed due to the pandemic, you can still join us virtually for Worship Service every Sunday on our YouTube Channel beginning at 6:15am on Sunday mornings.
Please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel!
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/user/0477anita/videos
Facebook link: www.facebook.com/JordanStationUnitedChurch